“The first rule of Write Club is - you do not talk about Write Club. The second rule of Write Club is - you DO talk about Write Club.”
Write Club is a time and space for young people aged between 13 and 18 to come to Fighting Words and work on their own independent writing projects.
TIMES AND LOCATIONS
DUBLIN - Fighting Words Centre, Behan Square, 12-16 Russell Street, Dublin 1
- Wednesdays from 2pm to 5pm, September to June; 3pm to 5pm, July and August
BRAY - Common Ground, Beverly Studios, Church Terrace, Bray, Co. Wicklow
- Wednesday afternoons, 4.00pm to 6.00pm
- Email: Outreach@fightingwords.co.uk
- Email: Cork@fightingwords.ie
For further information, or to register for Write Club, contact:
Parental consent will be required for anyone who wants to join the club.
Fighting Words is a Gaisce Challenge Partner - Work Toward Your Award With Us!
Gaisce – The President’s Award is a self-development programme that encourages you to get active, find your passion, be part of a team and make a difference in your community while having fun and making new friends! It is a direct challenge from the President of Ireland, Michael D. Higgins to all young people to dream big and realise your potential.
You can rise to the Gaisce challenge by identifying which award level you want to aim for (Bronze, Silver and Gold ) and then achieving your goals across the following challenge areas:
- Community Involvement - volunteer to help a charity, cause or community group - contact us for more information!
- Personal Skill - develop a skill you have or try something new, like Write Club!
- Physical Recreation - become more active with a sport or exercise.
- Adventure Journey – take to the great outdoors on a team challenge.
- Residential (for Gold participants only) – meet different people and discover a new
- experience away from home.
You choose the activities for each challenge area and set your own goals, with support from
your President’s Award Leader (PAL). PALs are located in schools, universities and employers - be sure to ask where you are studying or working for more information.
Remember, Gaisce is not a competition, just an
opportunity to push yourself to achieve your goals. The more time and energy you give, the
greater the reward!
For more information, please visit www.gaisce.ie
Follow Gaisce on our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn by searching @GaisceAward