Gasice Award - The President's Award
Fighting Words is a Gaisce Challenge Partner - Work Toward Your Award With Us!
Work Toward Gold, Silver or Bronze with Fighting Words
Gaisce – The President’s Award is a self-development programme that encourages you to get active, find your passion, be part of a team and make a difference in your community while having fun and making new friends!
It is a direct challenge from the President of Ireland, Michael D. Higgins, to all young people to dream big and realise your potential.
You can rise to the Gaisce challenge by identifying which award level you want to aim for (Bronze, Silver or Gold) and then achieving your goals across the following challenge areas:
- Community Involvement - Helping out at Fighting Words workshops is a great way to work toward your Silver or Gold Award! Volunteering is flexible and fun, with hours to suit your schedule. Contact us for more information!
- Personal Skill - Develop a skill you have or try something new. Joining Write Club is a great way to develop your creative writing skills and working toward your Bronze Award. Click here for details about our online community of teen writers.
- Physical Recreation - Become more active with a sport or exercise.
- Adventure Journey – Take to the great outdoors on a team challenge.
- Residential (for Gold participants only) – Meet different people and discover a new experience away from home.
You choose the activities for each challenge area and set your own goals, with support fromyour President’s Award Leader (PAL).
PALs are located in schools, universities and employers - be sure to ask where you are studying or working for more information.
Remember, Gaisce is not a competition, just an opportunity to push yourself to achieve your goals. The more time and energy you give, the greater the reward!