Visions & Revisions: An Anthology of New Writing by Junior Cycle Teachers
Visions & Revisions is a collection of writing by twenty junior cycle teachers. A partner programme between Fighting Words and Arts in Junior Cycle, the teachers attended a series of workshops at Fighting Words to draft, redraft, edit and publish this collection of work. This creative programme offers teachers the time and space to explore and consider possibilities around the creation of portfolios across all subjects at Junior Cycle.
This unique collection of work by new writers is a testament to the power of words, taking chances, and using our imaginations.
Now, more than ever, we need to find our creativity, raise our voices to each other and share our experience.
This collection couldn’t be more timely.
- Sheila O’Flanagan, Foreword.
LISTEN TO AUDIO FILES BELOW:
- The Swan's Nest - Marie Therese Carmody, read by Jim Connell-Moylan
- The Unwelcome Mat - Yvonne Corscadden, read by Lisa Gorry
- The Blind Leading the Visually Gifted - Rosanne Florence, read by Jim Connell-Moylan
- Out and About - Rosanne Florence, read by Jim Connell-Moylan
- Neurocosmopolitanism - Rosanne Florence, read by Jim Connell-Moylan
- Conversation Pieces - Emma Gallagher, read by Elizabeth Goldrick
- Women Through the Ages - Chelsea Hudson, read by Nora Nic Con Ultaigh
- Stupid - Ruth Kelly, read by Barry Barnes
- A Bumpy Road - Richard Kerins, read by Jim Connell-Moylan
- Inner Space - Mary Lowry, read by Mary Lowry
- How to Cancel a Wedding - Katie McDermott, read by Elizabeth Goldrick
- Unravelled - Laura Morrissey, read by Lisa Gorry
- Days Like This - Niamh Ni Bhraonain, read by Elizabeth Goldrick
- 83 and Counting - Martine O'Brien, read by Barry Barnes
- Waiting Room B - Elizabeth O'Dea, read by Joanne Hayden
- A Few Loose Screws - Shane Ruth, read by Lisa Gorry
- The Walls - Leona Talbot, read by Leona Talbot
- Splinters - Patricia Wall, read by Jim Connell-Moylan
- Autumn Break - Anna Johnston, read by Joanne Hayden
- Homework - Catherine Hickey, read by Lisa Gorry
- Take Me Through Your Day - Neasa McHale, read by Joanne Hayden
- Undone - Mary-Elaine Tynan, read by Nora Nic Con Ultaigh