Dublin Book Festival 2016: Story Writing Workshop
Join us for a fun and imaginative workshop where we will create characters and write a story together.
Then write your own ending, draw pictures and at the end of the workshop, take your story home to show all your family and friends!
Places are limited and booking is required. Please find the booking form here.
Date: Saturday, 12 November 2016
Location: Fighting Words, Behan Square, 12-16 Russell Street, Dublin 1 D01 WD53
Time: 10.30am to 12.30pm
Age Range: 8-11 years (due to demand, please submit applications for children within this age range ONLY)
Bookings close at 12 noon on Tuesday, November 1st. Parents/guardians will be advised if your child has a place no later than 4pm on Monday, November 7th, 2016.
- Apply for a place for your child by submitting the online application form. We will NOT hold a place for your child without a form - you MUST book a place by returning the form. You can find the application form by clicking here.
- You will receive an onscreen confirmation after submitting an application form successfully - NOT an email.
- Submitting an application form does not guarantee a place.
- Age range: due to high demand for places, we are very strict in regard to the age ranges. Application forms received for those who are outside the age range will not be considered. The age range for this workshop is 8-11 years.
- Places on this workshop are limited. Places will be allocated using a lottery system to guarantee fairness.
- In the case of siblings, please use separate application forms for each applicant.
- We will advise if your child has a place no later than Monday, November 7th.
- This workshop is free of charge.
- All participants are expected to abide by the Fighting Words Positive Behaviour Policy, which will be distributed to parents prior to the start of each workshop.
- This workshop will be run by experienced Fighting Words writing tutors.
- Our tutors are trained in our child protection procedures and are Garda vetted.
- Cancellation Policy: If your child is unable to attend a Fighting Words workshop for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible. Any available places will be offered to applicants on the waiting list.