We are delighted to advise the schedule of FREE summer camps here at Fighting Words for 2015. Our camps are highly participatory and a lot of fun. Come explore your creativity with us this summer!
Applications closed at 4.00pm on Wednesday, May 20th. Please note that we cannot accept any late applications.
Important Information For All Camps - Please Read Carefully
- Apply for a place for your child by submitting an online application form.
- You will receive an on-screen confirmation when your application has been received successfully - you will NOT receive an email.
- Submitting an application form does not guarantee a place.
- Age ranges: due to high demand for places, we are very strict in regard to the age ranges for each camp. Application forms for children who are outside the age ranges will not be considered.
- Places will be allocated using a lottery system to guarantee fairness.
- In the case of siblings, please use separate application forms for each child.
- If your child is interested in more than one camp, please complete a form for each camp. Please note that due to high demand, children are only permitted to attend one camp.
- We will advise if your child has a place no later than Friday, May 29th.
- Times and Location: All camps take place at Fighting Words, Behan Square, 13 Russell Street, Dublin 1. The times are 10am to 3pm.
- Camps will run for three or four days, depending on the age group. See the schedule below for full details.
- We will provide all materials for each camp. The only thing your child will need to bring is a packed lunch.
- All camps are free of charge.
- All participants are expected to abide by the Fighting Words Positive Behaviour Policy, which will be distributed to parents prior to the start of each camp.
- All camps are run by experienced writers/artists.
- Our tutors are trained in our child protection procedures and are Garda vetted.
- Cancellation Policy: If your child is unable to attend a Fighting Words summer camp for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible. Any available places will be offered to children on the waiting list.
June 30 - July 2 (Tuesday - Thursday): Playwriting and Puppetry, 7-9 years Participants will write a play, create their characters, make the puppets and put on a performance!
July 6 - 9 (Monday - Thursday): Fiction Writing, 14-17 years Participants will have the opportunity to explore various aspects of writing fiction with experienced writers.
July 13 - 16 (Monday - Thursday): Playwriting, 14-17 years Participants will work with experienced script writers and theatre practiioners to begin developing a script, devisng characters and exploring stagecraft.
July 20 - 23 (Monday - Thursday): Graphic Fiction, 10-13 years Participants will devise, write and illustrate a comic book with guidance and assistance from experienced artists. Think you can't draw? We have tips and techniques to show you how!
July 27 - 30 (Monday - Thursday): Fiction Writing, 10-13 years Participants will have the opportunity to explore various aspects of writing fiction with experienced writers.
August 5 - 7 (Wednesday - Friday): Photography and Narrative, 7-9 years Participants will learn about taking brilliant photographs and then use the photos to illustrate their own stories.
August 10 - 13 (Monday - Thursday): Cartoon Studies, 14-17 years Participants will work with a team of artists to create their own cartoon character and develop storylines. No drawing experience required.
August 17 - 20 (Monday - Thursday): Songwriting, 14-17 years
Working with experienced songwriters, participants will write their own songs. Feel free to bring your own instrument, but it's not necessary - the emphasis will be on writing.
Questions? Please contact Sara Bennett in the Fighting Words office on email or 01 894 4576.