Come to Fighting Words and create your own superhero in words and illustration!
Working with Fighting Words tutors, participants will create a brand new superhero, with his/her own backstory, special powers and potential foil. NO PREVIOUS DRAWING OR WRITING EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY.
Date: Tuesday, 28 October 2014
Time: 10am to 12.30pm
Location: Fighting Words, Behan Square, 13 Russell Street, Dublin 1
**Please note that this workshop is aimed at 10-12 year olds ONLY.**
HOW TO BOOK
Places may only be booked by returning the registration form. You can find the form here.
Registrations close at 4pm on Friday, October 17th.
- Register your child by returning the online registration form on the website. We can NOT hold a place for your child without a form - you MUST book a place by returning the form. You can find the registration form by clicking here.
- Confirmation of successful booking will appear online after your registration form is submitted and received.
- Times and location: The workshop will run from 10am to 12.30pm and will take place at Fighting Words, Behan Square, 13 Russell Street, Dublin 1
- Places will be allocated using a lottery system to guarantee fairness.
- We will advise if your child has a place no later than Wednesday, October 22nd.
- Age ranges: Due to high demand for places, we are very strict in regard to the age ranges for each workshop. Unfortunately, registration forms for potential participants who are outside the age ranges cannot be considered.
- In the case of siblings, please use separate registration forms for each child.
- We will provide all materials for the workshop. The only thing your child will need to bring is a snack.
- This workshop - like all Fighting Words programmes - is free of charge.
- All participants are expected to abide by the Fighting Words Positive Behaviour Policy, which will be distributed to parents prior to the start of each workshop.
- Our tutors are trained in our child protection procedures and are Garda vetted.
- Photography/Filming - Fighting Words usually takes photographs of workshops in action for inclusion on our website and other promotional materials about our work. All participants will be included. Please note that this is not optional.
- Cancellation Policy: If your child is unable to attend the workshop for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible. Any available places will be offered to children on the waiting list.
Please contact Sara Bennett in the Fighting Words office on email or Tel: 01 894 4576.